Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

yessssss!

You guys, I'm super pumped about this next Film Club choice. I had no idea this movie was on Netflix, never mind on Netflix instant watch! OF COURSE I'm talking about the 1978 made-for-TV movie The Initiation of Sarah, which combines so many of my favorite things in the whole wide world: the post-Carrie world where young women had telekinetic powers, that mid 70s-early 80s trend where movie titles were frequently The Something of Someone, and a cast to end all casts! I mean, come on:
  • Shelley Winters
  • Kay Lenz
  • Robert Hays
  • MORGAN BRITTANY
  • Tisa Farrow
  • MORGAN EFFING FAIRCHILD
People, I am so all over this, I can't wait. Oh, The Initiation of Sarah. You had me at "the"!


The movie: The Initiation of Sarah (the 1978 version, not the remake!)
The due date: Monday, November 29 (that's right, two Film Clubs this month because I cannot waaaaait)
What you do:
  1. Review the movie on your site. Add a link to Final Girl in there somewhere. If you've reviewed the film before, that's fine- but you must retrofit your review with a link to FG to be included in my round-up.
  2. Email your link to me at stacieponder at gmail dot com. Put 'film club' or some such in the subject line.
  3. Bask in the warm, glowing, warming glow of Film Club Day. Easy, breezy, et cetera et cetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment