Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

R.I.P. Ingrid Pitt, 1937-2010

By now you've probably heard the terrible news that the lovely Ingrid Pitt has passed away at the too-young age of 73.

I'm not skilled at writing wonderful remembrances, but I find myself incredibly saddened by all this, far more than I would have anticipated I'd be.

Ms. Pitt was a horror icon in the truest sense of the word, the kind you just don't find in the genre anymore. Hell, she was a woman and an actress of the kind you don't find anywhere anymore. I'd never use the term "scream queen" to describe her, although if any woman could be considered horror royalty, it'd be her.

Just...damn. Like I said, I'm not skilled at this sort of thing, so I leave that in the hands of my fellow writers who are. Then go watch The Vampire Lovers or The House that Dripped Blood or The Wicker Man or Countess Dracula and raise a glass of red to the great Ingrid Pitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment