Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WARNING: talk of me ahead

Boy oh boy, friends, it's tough out here in cyber-land. If you listen to The Scare-ening at all then you know that lately I've been railing against the hype machines that seem to be in perpetual motion all over the internet, particularly on Facespace. Basically, my argument boils down to this: yes, indie creative types (filmmakers, artists, writers, clog dancers, Colonel Sanders impersonators) must put the word out about their work or there's a good chance no one will find it. One must pimp oneself and then hope others will join in the fight...however! It's okay to talk about something- or even someone- else from time to time. If someone relentlessly pushes their product on me, updating their status every couple hours to market themselves without taking a fucking breath, then I tune 'em right out and their efforts prove to be counterproductive, at least as far as I'm concerned.

That's all fine and good, but then when I've got stuff to talk about...well, it becomes tricky. I can't not talk about things, because otherwise "there's a good chance no one will find it"; however, I'm aware of the bitching I do and so there's also a chance I may be acting hypocritical.

Then I say to myself, "This is your website and you can write whatever you want, so quit thinking about it all so much, provide the links you want to provide, then fuck off and write some damn reviews or something." Okay, self, sheesh. You don't have to be so hostile.

There is an actual review of Ludlow over at Slammed & Damned. It feels weird to say that- you know, that someone is watching my movie and writing about it- but I suppose that it simply means that after all this time and all the behind-the-scenes stuff and what have you...it's really real. For those who have shown interest in it, first of all, THANK YOU. Second, the DVD is being assembled. It'll have a commentary track and a brief interview with Shannon Lark. I'll update with information on availability as it...becomes...available.

Mike Snoonian of All Things Horror has gone and declared Taste of Flesh, Taste of Fear an "essential horror short film for your collection"! I am duly, DULY honored. If you want to check out the movie that has, as Mike puts it, an "epic one car pileup", well, look to your right. I mean on the computer screen. There's ordering info over yonder! Be the envy of...well, someone somewhere, to be sure.

If you live in the Boston-ish area, you should be psyched: on Wednesday, September 1, All Things Horror is once again hosting their movie night at the Somerville Theater. Taste of Flesh, Taste of Fear is showing that night alongside the much-hyped Dead Hooker in a Trunk, Rubber Doll Whore (no idea about that one), and Liz Adams' Side Effect, which alone is worth more than the ticket price. Seriously, go see Side Effect if you can. Visit All Things Horror for tickets and all that...sure, it says Taste the Fear- Taste the Flesh, but I'm pretty sure they're talking about my movie and not some sort of weird energy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment