Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Wednesday Bee

Lots of stuff today, kids...lots of stuff! Let's get to it!

Firstly, it's time for another column at AMC's Monsterfest...this time 'round, it's all about our homeboy Jason. Perhaps you've heard of him? He's the one without the snazzy hat. Oh, and be sure to comment over there so the halls don't echo with loneliness and AMC doesn't wonder why they took me on.

Secondly, as we all got our Near Dark on this past Monday, it's time for another Film Club pick!! I myself cannot wait until it's time for...

THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER

Yes indeed, we're taking in a 70s made-for-TV movie this time around. What happens when you sell your daughter's soul to the devil? Probably nothing good. Bated breath, you are mine! And if your breath ain't bated yet, well...let's just say that The Devil's Daughter stars Shelley Winters and Abe Vigoda. And Joseph Cotten. And Jonathan Frid. How's your breath now, huh punk?

Get it on Netflix HERE...if you dare!

The film: The Devil's Daughter

The due date: Monday, May 19



Thirdly, I have recently become a wicked proud member of The League of Tana Tea Drinkers, an assembly of fine horror bloggers and me. Check out the roster in my sidebar to the right; I've discovered several amazing new blogs through the League already, and I'm honored to be listed amongst them.

And don't forget about The Lamb, a large assembly of fine movie bloggers and me. Did you know that some people write about movies that aren't horror-related? Weird, huh?

Fourthly, enter my Name That Name Contest! I've gotten some truly stellar suggestions so far, and it may end up being harder to pick one than to come up with one myself. However, something something snowy woods path less taken something. The point is, you guys rock, please keep 'em coming!

Fifthly,

Uh, I got no fifthly. Hmm. Guess that's not so much stuff after all. Err...here's a picture of Dr Giggles, looking more like Dr Smirkles.

You know, I'm 99.9% sure I've seen Dr Giggles. Was it so bad that I've blocked out the actual experience of watching it? All I really remember is using a really bad Spanish accent and calling it "Dok-torr Gee-Glayce", which in retrospect isn't terribly funny. Or funny at all, really. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment