Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2008

a call to arms!

Listen up, chumps, I have news. So, like, you know how I've been guest blogging or whatever you want to call it at AMC's Monsterfest Blog for a while now? Well...now they've asked me to be a regular columnist! I had to think about it for a really, really long time, but eventually I said "HOLY EFFING CRAP YES, PLEASE"

The thing is, see, that my column needs a name. The other thing is, see, that my brain needs a break. I've had a very busy couple of weeks and trying to think up some clever name is beyond my scope of ability at the mo.

SO! I turn to y'all for help. And to sweeten the pot beyond the obvious glory you'll receive should your suggestion become law (really, if you want to pick up a girl in a bar, just tell her that you're the one who came up with the name for my column. She won't have any idea what you're talking about, but still.), I'm offering up a prize more tangible than said glory: a totally brand-new, totally still-wrapped copy of The Sick House on DVD! WOW! Sure, I gave the movie a bad review, but hey- maybe you'll think it's the greatest thing ever.

SO PART 2! come up with some sort of name and email it to me at stacieponder at gmail dot com. Put...uh, "name that name" in the subject line. Enter as many times as you'd like before 11:59pm PST this Friday, the 25th. I'll choose the one I like best and that's that. If, by some happenstance, 2 people manage to come up with the winning title, I'll award the award to the person who emailed me first. Trust me, I'm all honest about this kind of shit.

Pretty much anything goes. I'm excited to see what people come up with. Yes, something involving my name is totes acceptable: "Pondering Horror" has already been tossed around, but it lacks pizazz.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just let Charles Nelson Reilly name the column for me. This seems like a good suggestion:

No comments:

Post a Comment