Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 21- It's trog, it's trog...

Whilst formulating my thoughts on today's treasure chest full of B-movie gold, The Pit (1981), I was checking out the film's entry on imdb to see what else the cast and crew have gotten up to. I came upon this comment, which sums up The Pit better than I could have and will therefore save me alot of time and energy:
I don't know if it's the greatest horror film ever, but it's definitely the greatest horror film in which a 12-year-old pervert is encouraged by his possessed teddy bear to push all his various enemies into a pit full of hungry trogolodytes.
That is so, so true. That's the absolute most perfect summary, to which I can only add three things:

1) I loved this schlockfest!

2) I learned an awesome new insult I'm going to use as often as I possibly can : "Well, if it isn't Clumsy-Stupid!"

3) Here is, in my humble opinion, the greatest sequence in the film:



Is it wrong of me to have been laughing and filled with glee during a sequence wherein a sociopathic 12-year-old pushes a wheelchair-bound, blind, elderly woman into a hole in the woods where these creatures are waiting for her below?

That's weird, right? Like there's something wrong with me? Well, no matter...'cause if loving The Pit is wrong, then baby...I don't wanna be right. I give it 8.25 out of 10 go hug your grammas.

No comments:

Post a Comment