Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Film Club Field Trip

I know it's been a while since there's been a new selection for the Film Club, but I think the August 4th opening of The Descent is the perfect time for a little experiment, don't you? An experiment in leaving the house and terror! Yes, kids, how about a little cyber-field trip?
I haven't been talking much about this upcoming British spelunking-gone-bloodily-awry but I've been quietly excited about it for sometime. I've got a general idea of what goes on in the movie, but I haven't read too much about it so, one hopes, there will be plenty of surprises when I see it. It's even on the cover of the most recent Rue Morgue magazine and I've barely glanced at the pictures I'm avoiding it so much. I've seen many a high rating for it, however, and heard it's quite deliciously good.

So! Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to go see The Descent this weekend...or before, oh, say next Wednesday, August 9. I'll do a writeup that day and encourage any of you who participate to do the same and we can discuss and link to each other and have a successful Film Club Field Trip. And remember, the Final Girl Film Club is so on the edge, we don't even need permission slips for this trip! Bust out the Twizzlers and let's rock this fucker!

The movie: The Descent, opening August 4
The due date: Wednesday, August 9

No comments:

Post a Comment