Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Trails to me...

When you are me, something happens in your head and suddenly you've quit your job and you're about to embark on a mega-vacation with naught but an atlas, a camera, and a dream.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. It's true, however, that I did quit my job and I'm about to embark on a mega-vacation. In addition to the atlas, camera, and dream however, I'm also bringing clean undies and sunscreen. I burn easily!

Here's a bit of the madness planned on the...

Final Girl World Tour of the Southwestern United States

-Las Vegas
-The Extraterrestrial Highway!
-Death Valley
-Joshua Tree
-Los Angeles
-Tombstone
-Roswell
-Carlsbad Caverns
-The Grand muthafuckin Canyon
-every damn ghost town I can find

...and lots LOTS more. I've never been out that way before, and I'm so excited I can't think about much else. I'm going to be meeting some cyber-friends at long last and doing alot of driving.

When I return I'll have you all over for chablis, crudites, and a slideshow. I'll also have baseball jersey-style tour shirts for the Final Girl World Tour of the Southwestern United States available for purchase with the dates and locations on the back and some snazzy something on the front. Because I'll be unemployed, the shirts will cost $200 each. I expect you all to buy many.

So there you have it, folks. Bright and early tomorrow morning I'm fixin' to get on a plane and head out of town for a lengthy sojourn. I'll be returning around Labor Day and I'll be incommunicado in the interim. Whilst I'm away, I want you all to behave and make me proud. I implore you to check out the sites linked in my sidebar if you haven't already...they all get the FG Stamp of Approval times 50, for whatever that's worth. Just remember who loves you the most.

Here's a little photo parade I've assembled from past entries to entertain you if you forget I'm gone and check back from time to time. I think these sum up Final Girl quite nicely.










Incidentally, I'm really into writing things on my fists right now, so don't be surprised if it becomes a recurring feature.

See you soon...unless I get abducted-n-probed along the ET Highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment