Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time to make the Wednesday donuts

"Do YOU have eight kinds of jelly donuts?"

People, people, gather 'round and listen to my tale of...

Gah, I have no idea where I was going with that. I'm not completely awake yet. But regardless, heed my words! There's a new column by Yours Truly over at AMC, and it's all about...uh, people gettin' ugly when they get possessed. Or something like that. It's noble work that I do, for sure.

It's also Ghostella day, huzzah! Behold three terrifying trailers! Finally, FINALLY I SAY, Don't Look in the Bureau! is almost a reality. Also, I say, Ghostella is going bi-weekly. While I hate to do it, the more relaxed schedule will ensure I can maintain my *cough* standards of (B-grade) quality as well as my sanity; it may also leave me some time to do other things, like watch some fucking movies.

Speaking of movies, Shock Till You Drop has posted the honorees for AFI's "Top 10 Films in 10 Classic Genres" and yes, I'm dropping from the shock because horror ain't listed amongst the honored genres. Yeah, horror has always been filmdom's bastard child, but come on. Grow some fucking sac, AFI. It would've been nice to see the scary stuff get some props; I mean, some horror movies are actually good, you know?

I'll open up the floor here as they did at Shock...which 10 horror films would YOU honor?

AFI

Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
The Exorcist
Halloween
Nosferatu
The Haunting
The Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

FGFI

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon
Killer Workout
Dangerous Seductress
Creepshow
The Food of the Gods
Friday the 13th Part 2
April Fool's Day
[REC]
The Convent
The Descent

Both lists equally valid!

No comments:

Post a Comment