Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

SHOCKtober: 10-1



Can you believe this? The last chunk of list. One month featuring 732 movies counted down to this one, glorious moment. Stupid November, ruining everything! October should just annex September and November and be three months long. That'd be fine with me.

This may be the end of the list of your favorites, but it doesn't signify the end of SHOCKtober, so quit blubberin! I've still got at least one Special Guest Top 20 on the way, and come tomorrow (stupid November) I'll be putting on my science glasses in order to analyze the data. That should prove scintillating. Without further ado, here are your ten favoritest faves!

Wait, shouldn't I have gone straight to the list after saying "ado"? Wouldn't any intro after that- no matter how wee- count as "further ado"? I mean, even simply "here are your ten favoritest faves" puts off the list itself, rendering "without further ado" totally false. Anyway. Bold number = numbers o' votes!

10. The Descent -- 2005, Neil Marshall -- 65


9. A Nightmare on Elm Street -- 1984, Wes Craven -- 72


8. Suspiria -- 1977, Dario Argento -- 76


7. Dawn of the Dead -- 1978, George Romero -- 81


6. Night of the Living Dead -- 1968, George Romero -- 82


5. The Shining -- 1980, Stanley Kubrick -- 85


4. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre -- 1974, Tobe Hooper -- 89


3. The Exorcist -- 1973, William Friedkin -- 91


2. The Thing -- 1982, John Carpenter -- 95


1. Halloween -- 1978, John Carpenter -- 123


So there you go. I have to admit, The Thing at #2 surprised me, but it was evident early on in the voting that Halloween was going to leave everyone else in the dust. I almost feel like I take that film for granted sometimes- "Yeah, yeah...Halloween is great" comes out by rote when talking horror movies. Maybe I've seen it too many times and its marvelousness, its...well, perfection no longer hits me on an emotional level- it's become an appreciation. I think Halloween and I need a second honeymoon so we can get our groove back!

So. Now what do we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment