Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SHOCKtober: 82-58



I want to hug this chunk of list, it's sooooo gooooood! Well, except The Devil's Rejects. I respect that some of you love it to the point of favoritedom and I'm happy for you, but I cannot get on board the Rob Zombie train. I've tried. I've seen four of his GD films! What in the masochistic hell...? I've seen fewer films from some directors I adore!

Regardless, I hope my feelings on the matter don't tear our relationship asunder. Cyber-hug! Pew pew!

Wait, that was a laser gun. Sorry!

The following films received ELEVEN VOTES each:

82. Trick 'r Treat -- 2007, Michael Dougherty
81. The Devil's Rejects -- 2005, Rob Zombie

The following films received TWELVE VOTES each:

80. The Innocents -- 1961, Jack Clayton
79. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 -- 1986, Tobe Hooper
78. Salem's Lot -- 1979, Tobe Hooper
77. Black Sunday -- 1960, Mario Bava
76. Prince of Darkness -- 1987, John Carpenter

The following films received THIRTEEN VOTES each:

75. Invasion of the Body Snatchers -- 1978, Philip Kaufman
74. Zombie -- 1979, Lucio Fulci
73. Horror of Dracula -- 1958, Terence Fisher
72. Cat People -- 1942, Jacques Tourneur

The following films received FOURTEEN VOTES each:

71. My Bloody Valentine -- 1981, George Mihalka
70. May -- 2002, Lucky McKee
69. Paranormal Activity -- 2007, Oren Peli
68. Day of the Dead -- 1985, George Romero
67. Deep Red -- 1975, Dario Argento
66. Ringu -- 1998, Hideo Nakata
65. Slither -- 2006, James Gunn

The following films received FIFTEEN VOTES each:

64. Fright Night -- 1985, Tom Holland
63. Videodrome -- 1983, David Cronenberg

The following films received SIXTEEN VOTES each:

62. A Nightmare on Elm Street III: The Dream Warriors -- 1987, Chuck Russell
61. The Orphanage -- 2007, Juan Antonio Bayona
60. Ginger Snaps -- 2000, John Fawcett
59. Near Dark -- 1987, Kathryn Bigelow

The following film received SEVENTEEN VOTES:

58. The Brood -- 1979, David Cronenberg


  • Mmm, Broody goodness. That film should be required viewing for...for...the world.
  • I'm stating the obvious, but while Fulci's Zombie is one of those movies with 50 different titles (including Zombi 2), it's always "Zombie" to me. Yes, that should be sung to the tune of Billy Joel's "Always a Woman" or whatever it's called. The point is, when the movie came out on tape (!), it was called Zombie. When it was featured on the cover of Fangoria- with gross pictures that blew my little mind back in 1980!- it was called Zombie. So, it's Zombie.
  • Hey, look! A blog called My Monster Memories posted the Fangoria article I just mentioned, which totally brings back some of my monster memories. Man, Fangoria was the shit. Do horror-loving kids have anything that's the shit these days? Mehhhh internet. Et cetera et cetera, old days, get out of my garden, and so on.
  • I don't know if Prince of Darkness counts as "underrated" necessarily, but I think people forget about it. I forget about it. Then when someone mentions it, I'm all "Prince of Darkness is so fucking good!"
  • I've never actually seen Black Sunday (I KNOW), but I can immediately conjure up Barbara Steele's panicked face in my mind, all marked up with...what, holes from an iron maiden or a spiked mask or some such? Thanks, Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine! You, too, were the shit.
  • Seriously, this chunk of list, you guys! My Bloody Valentine. Salem's Lot. Dream Warriors. Christopher Lee as Dracula. I want to marry 82-58! Although I'm not sleeping in the same bed as #81. I JUST CAN'T.

No comments:

Post a Comment