Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

brace yourselves

First off, the bad news: there will be no new episode of The Scare-ening this week.

I KNOW. It'll be back next week, I assure you. Tonight, however, both my co-host Heidi and I are attending a screening of The Human Centipede. I'm excited! I really used to love playing the old Atari videogame Centipede, and I'm pretty sure this movie is an adaptation of it. I can't believe they've given it the big-screen treatment. It's not as if the game really had a ton of back story.

Kidding! Everyone knows that The Human Centipede concerns a mad scientist who fuses together the mouths and anuses of a bunch of living people together in order to form...you know, a human centipede. I have to say, that's not at all the type of thing I imagined when I played Centipede so long ago. I am looking forward to it, I think, kind of sort of in a way. I mean, it almost begs to be seen, yeah? I just hope there's more to it than shock value, and I don't leave the theater depressed.


In other news, it's time for the Film Club Choosening! Pikachu City of the Living Dead, I choose you!

So much crying in this post, geez.

Yes folks, I say we get our Italian zombie movie on with Lucio Fulci's 1980 grossterpiece, City of the Living Dead- or as you may know it, The Gates of Hell. Christopher George! Catriona MacColl! YEAH!

The due date is Monday, May 24. If you write about it, shoot me a link to your piece at stacieponder (at) gmail (dot) com. Please! Please please! If you want your post to be included in the Film Club, your entry must link back to me. Whether it's my specific post about the movie in question or just my site in general, it doesn't matter. You don't have to say anything big, just mention my site or the Club or what have you- but if there's no link, I'm not going to post your piece, sorry. I love that people want to participate, so I've been posting whatever links are sent to me, but sometimes this results in writers sending in their reviews from five years ago. That's fine, and I don't mind if someone does that, but the original post needs to be edited to include a link to me. I feel like a douchey linkwhore bringing it up, but it's really the only Film Club rule. I feel a bit better knowing that I'm not actually a douchey linkwhore, and that if the Club didn't have any rules, there would be complete and total chaos. People writing about different movies, people writing backwards, people setting their computers on fire and listening to rock and roll...folks, we don't want that.

Okay, maybe we do a little, but my point stands.

The film: City of the Living Dead
The due date: Monday, May 24

No comments:

Post a Comment