Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday is complete

This is sure to put some spring in your step.



Ah, Killer Workout. Someday...someday I'll get around to reviewing this movie, I swear. It's like a bottle of fine wine, though- you know, like Night Train or Wild Irish Rose or something- that I'm saving for a special occasion. I watch it, but I can't quite get myself to write about it, because, well, how can I? This video speaks louder than I ever could.

Does the song not kick ass? Killer Workout has the best '80s horror soundtrack by people you've never heard of, period. This isn't some John Hughes superstar-laden affair a la Pretty In Pink; Killer Workout simply boasts some of the best anonymous eurotechnocrap in all of moviedom. To wit: the soundtrack features a song called "Aerobicide".

The song in the video above, "Only You Tonight", is performed by someone who's not completely anonymous: Donna DeLory, who's undoubtedly best known as half of Donna and Niki, Madonna's back-up singers throughout the 80s and 90s.

What? I love Madonna. Don't you? And don't you love that Killer Workout video? Come on. Of note:

- the hideous-looking woman with the enormous boobs
- the woman who looks like Michael Jackson circa "Thriller"
- Rhonda's exaggerated eye-rolling and general bad attitude
- condom spillage, indicating that the girl is a slut
- said slut's fingerless gloves, high heels, and massive wedgie
- dubious exercises
- the shot of the woman on the exercise bike, trying to get healthy, for "comic effect"
- the sinister zoom on Jimmy

Not to mention it's just the best song ever. I bet it's stuck in your head right now, making for a kickass Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment