Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

bring it

Scarecrow movies are a real crap shoot. For every good, effective one, like Dark Night of the Scarecrow, there's a total- and I do mean total- stinkfest like Hallowed Ground. I watched it and it so made me want to kill myself that I couldn't even muster up the energy to write a scathing review; I could only take solace in the fact that star Jaime Alexander looked like she wanted to kill herself, as well.

One scarecrow flick I've been itchin' to see forever is the 1988 cult sensation Scarecrows. Long unavailable and long rumored to awesome and- gasp- scary, Scarecrows is available on DVD...which means it's prime Film Club material.


VHS cover vs. DVD cover: the battle continues

Here's the skinny, courtesy o' Netflix:
After pulling off a major heist, a group of ex-military outlaws commandeer a plane for their getaway. But when one of the group betrays them by parachuting out with the cash, the rest follow -- and find themselves in the middle of a nightmare. They take shelter in an abandoned farmhouse set in a cornfield, where sinister scarecrows soon come to life and start taking them out one by one in this spine-chilling cult classic.
Awww yeah. I'm so ready- this selection can't get here quickly enough!

The film: Scarecrows
The due date: Monday, March 24

No comments:

Post a Comment