Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You know...

I didn't mention it yesterday, but a good place to keep up with me while I'm dealing with deadlines is over at my new Tumblr page. There's something about Tumblr that's...I don't know, immediate and fleeting, maybe. Insubstantial? It's like people post whatever's running through their mind at that very moment. For me it might be a film still or a person or a song or a comic book character, so that 's the kind of stuff I post, and there's no pressure to make it feel like something worth posting. I don't know. Should I do that here, too? But, you know. The horror stuff. Wouldn't that be lame? Final Girl feels more...mmm, weighty than that. Not that I'm calling her fat, mind you, but...argh. I haven't had enough coffee yet. Tell me what to think!

One thing I have been thinking about is that when I've got some movie time, I'm going to indulge in a bit of Second Chance Theater. You know, giving movies that I didn't much like the first time 'round another go- especially stuff that other people seem to like. Such as The Outing, which my friend Amanda really likes but I was all "Ehhhh..." when I saw it.


Sometimes movies just stink, but sometimes you're just not in the right mood and your movie experience is tainted. Tainted I say! That's right- I'm willing to admit that yes, sometimes the problem is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment