Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Final Girl Film Club Selection #2

OK, kids, are you ready? It's time to announce the next selection for the Final Girl Film Club! Can you feel the electricity in the air? Can I get a "HELL YEAH!"?

Disclaimer: the movie may suck. I have absolutely zero control over whether or not a movie sucks or whether you think it sucks. I'll try to choose things that at least sound decent, but hey- remember, we live life on the edge here in the FGFC. Ain't no guarantees, son! You pays yer money, you takes yer chances, I always say.

Now...onto this month's choice: It's the 1982 hospital slasher Visiting Hours!

Is that a sweet poster or what? I've always wanted to see this movie based on that poster alone, but somehow I never have. It's being released on DVD today, so the tide is high and the time is right!

And you better believe that if I ever get my Donald Trump on an buy a big office building or something, I'm demanding that the lights be left on every night in a skull-face pattern like that. Every. Night. Fear my building!

If you're not as jazzed about that picture as I am and you're like "Well, OK. But I need more to get really worked up about this movie!", then I present to you some of the names in the cast:

-the awesome tough guy Michael Ironside (Starship Troopers, Scanners, V)
-Linda Purl, aka Matlock's daughter!
-Lee Grant (Damien: Omen II, Airport '77, The Swarm)
-some guy named William muthafuckin' Shatner!

Now, to me, it works out like this:
slasher movie + that cast + that poster + that tagline = awesome movie
I could be wrong, but the math adds up, my friends. And math don't lie!

Here's the page linking you to the movie at Netflix. Here's the plot synopsis, also from Netflix:

After airing an outspoken report on domestic violence, anchorwoman Deborah Ballin (Lee Grant) receives an unexpected visit from a displeased viewer, who takes out his anger by savagely beating her in her own home. Having survived the attack, she's seemingly safe in the hospital with a dedicated nurse (Linda Purl) and her concerned boss (William Shatner) by her side. However, Deborah has no idea that her attacker has come for visiting hours...

Hmm. Heaven IS a place on earth.

The movie: Visiting Hours
The due date: May 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment