Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to The Silence of the Lambs


That's right kids- as my pal JA pointed out at My New Plaid Pants, The Silence of the Lambs is 20. Twenty. Twennnntyyyyyy GD years old. This doesn't seem possible- why, I saw Silence in the theater (a couple of times, in fact) and I'm only 18.

Anyold, I felt like giving Silence some love today. But how? I've already reviewed it. I've already talked about how it's one of my favorite horror films. I could go on and on about the genius way Jonathan Demme puts the audience squarely in Clarice Starling's cheap shoes by having every character who speaks to her look directly into the camera, making eye contact with the viewer. I could talk about how and why it's really the best work Jodie Foster's ever done in her lengthy career. I could talk about how the true sneaky ninja superstar of the film is Kristi Zea's impeccable production design. But, you know, it's raining outside and so I feel like going to browse at the used bookstore (it's this weird primal reaction I have to rainy days...I don't get it, so don't worry if you don't get it)...therefore, I will simply post up a gallery of delightful images from the film. Happy Anniversary, The Silence of the Lambs! Don't worry- I can't smell anything.


















No comments:

Post a Comment