Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a few things on a fine tuesday

Let's do this...bullet point style!
  • The fine folks at Dead Lantern have seen fit to nominate Final Girl in the "Best Horror Blog or Website Category" for their 4th Annual Splatcademy Awards. Voting is open until mid-February...you can get your vote on by clicking here. They's good people, them Dead Lanternites.
  • If you peruse the nominees list, you'll see that each category is presented by one of the Splattercast's fellow podcasts...and one of those podcasts happens to be The Scare-ening. As I mentioned yesterday, Heidi and I will be back from our long hiatus next week- next Wednesday, to be exact. Next Wednesday at 8pm PST to be even more exact. Woo!
  • From the Desk of You May Not Give a Crap: yesterday I launched Jill Sandwich, a blog about video games. I love them, and I wanted somewhere I could shout said love from time to time, because that's what people do in This Modern Age.
  • I don't know, y'all. I feel all...mmm...maybe a little bored with horror at the moment. There, I said it. The horror blog / website market is so saturated at this point, I feel like (most) everyone is talking about the same things over and over. I can't just review movies every day- that's never been what I've done or wanted to do, and I simply don't have time. I'm tired of watching movies that are only okay, even though "only okay" movies likely compose 88% of every film genre. It's like I've been married to horror for 25 years and things are a bit stale...we need a date night or something. What should we do, horror and I? Something romantic, but not expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment