Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

awesome movie poster friday - the CELEBRATION edition!

"Celebration"? A celebration of what?

Hold on and I'll tell you, geez. One week from today marks the 5th birthday of Final Girl. I've got some shenanigans planned, don't worry- although you'll have to supply your own Riunite. I'm starting a bit early, though; this week I've posting my very favorite awesome movies posters from the Awesome Movie Poster Friday archives. I went allllll the way back to AMPF #1 (August 2007- holy crapping crap) and grabbed the various posters that give me a knee-jerk "ME LIKE" reaction.

It has nothing to do with the movies themselves- it's all about the poster art. As to why I chose these, well...some are enticing- you know, suiting their purpose and intriguing me enough to want to see the film. Some are a bit terrifying. Some of them have design that speaks to my brain on some satisfying, primal level. Some of them simply have beautiful art. And for some of them, I'm gonna bust out the style of critique that's stomped on the moment one walks into art school: I dunno, I just like it. I'd put any of these on my wall- actually, one of them is hanging up now.


























No comments:

Post a Comment