Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday is made for lovers

I don't know what that title really means. Autumn has finally officially arrived in Los Angeles- everyone's talking about the fact that it's RAINING!- and Halloween fast approaches. However, everyone knows that northern New England is the best place to be when fall rolls around, so I've been thinking about that and missing it...especially Vermont, which made me think of the ubiquitous bumper stickers claiming that "Vermont is for lovers". However, I totally remembered those bumper stickers wrong: in fact, they say "I LoVermont", and the more I reflect on it, the more I'm inclined to think that it's actually Virginia that claims to be for lovers, so none of this makes any sense, really.

Isn't that a fascinating glimpse into my mind? By the way, IT'S RAINING!

The point of this post is really to draw your attention to my AMC column this week, which is all about horror movie guilty pleasures. I'm not particularly fond of the term "guilty pleasure", because if you like something then by all means, like it. Still, there are some movies that you love even though no one else does...in fact, sometime people hate movie you love, and you find yourself:

1) defending the film against an onslaught of insults from angry horror nerds

2) thinking you may be crazy for liking said film

3) keeping your mouth shut to avoid #1

It's okay- we've all got 'em. I listed five in my column, but there are plenty more rattling around in my head (Mommy, anyone?). Looking back on what I wrote, I don't know...I can't be the only one who loves The Craft. And really, I refuse to feel guilty about anything starring Brittany Murphy. Wait, I take that back...I'm a bit horrified to admit that I fucking sat through Uptown Girls. But at least I'm admitting it, which is the first step to something or other.

By the way, get your 15 clicks in! I thank you fiercely.

No comments:

Post a Comment