Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's that time again...

...time to choose another Film Club selection! The hills are alive with resounding 'huzzah!'s, I can tell. Film Club Fever will be at a record high as soon as the title of the next choice is revealed, I can assure you.

I'm revealing it....NOW!

Yes, my babies, it's The Manitou (1978), the film that brings together Tony Curtis, Burgess Meredith, and Stella Stevens to tell the story of...the story of...well...
When Karen (Susan Strasberg) tries to have a tumor removed, she discovers it's actually the deformed fetus of an ancient Native American shaman ready to be reincarnated. Soon, the evil spirit bursts forth, and Karen turns to a sham psychic (Tony Curtis) and a contemporary medicine man (Michael Ansara) for a showdown with the murderous creature.
I've been assured it's the best movie ever. I can't fucking wait to see it.

Clicken ze Netflix if you so desire. It's been somewhat recently released on DVD, so hopefully it'll be easy-ish to find. This selection can't get here fast enough...sometimes life is goooood, I tells ya.

The film: The Manitou
The due date: February 25

No comments:

Post a Comment