Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Thursday Bee

Hello, friends. It's time for this mid-afternoon edition of The Thursday Bee! (Bear with me please, I've had some sugar today)

Over at AMC, by bi-weekly Column with No Name continues apace as I talk about vigilante movies and some differences found in those with a male protagonist and those with a female protagonist. Check it out! It makes my heart happy. And the clicks make my editors happy. Oh, won't you let us be happy?

Today I noted- noted with interest, even- that I've got to pick another movie for the Film Club to get it on with. I choo-choo-choose...Frozen! It's one of those movies that "does for [fill in the blank] what Jaws did for swimming!". Some folks like it, some folks don't...but I say we Film Clubbers should check it out and decide for ourselves. It's on DVD and Netflix Instant Watch, so you have no excuses for not joining in. NONE. You probably know the deal, but if not...

The movie: Frozen (2010)
The due date: Tuesday (that's right, Tuesday), February 22
What you do:
  1. Review the movie on your site. Add a link to Final Girl in there somewhere. If you've reviewed the film before, that's fine- but you must retrofit your review with a link to FG to be included in my round-up.
  2. Email your link to me at stacieponder at gmail dot com. Put 'film club' or some such in the subject line.
  3. Bask in the warm, glowing, warming glow of Film Club Day. Easy, breezy, et cetera et cetera.
"This totally does for sitting here what Jaws did for swimming!"

Last night on The Scare-ening, I was joined by writer/director/cool person Jovanka Vuckovic. If you missed it, check it out here or on those "iTunes" the kids seem to like so much these days.

Some of you may be unaware that because I loves me some video games, last month I started a small video game blog called Jill Sandwich. I'm not saying you have to read it or anything, I'm just saying that it's there.

Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, this.

No comments:

Post a Comment