Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nerd Prom!

Sorry I've been oh so quiet lately, but you see, I've been a-gearin' up for NERD PROM!

Yes, it's that time of the year again; in a couple of hours I'm heading on down to San Diego for five- count 'em, FIVE- days and nights of madness. I've got oodles and oodles of noodles cool stuff lined up and I'm so excited...I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control, my friends, and...why...I think I like it! Seriously, my extravaganza this year is going to make my extravaganza last year look like...uh, I don't know. A non-extravaganza? Something lame. Ooh, I got it- last year's trip tp SDCC was like a piece of Fruit Stripe gum- flavorful for a minute, but then it loses its flavor and you're chewing on a piece of latex, whereas this year will be like a piece of Freshen Up. You think it's just gum- gum that has a flavor which lasts and lasts!- but then, even better, there's a burst of goo which adds to the inherent excitement that comes along with chewing gum.

I just realized a few things:

1) I use gum chewing as a metaphor quite often
2) "there's a burst of goo which adds to the inherent excitement" is quite the double entendre
3) All this gum talk is weird as I don't even chew gum anymore- I vastly prefer a mint

At any rate! When I get back next week and start relaying my reports you'll undoubtedly be all "Holy crap, this IS just like Freshen Up!", I swear.

In the meantime, I've got a column up at AMC today, wherein I discuss various flavors of vampire. There's even a wee poll attached to the article, which reminds me that I should post another poll here at FG.

In even more meantime, be good and don't forget to water the plants whilst I'm away. And if you kill my cat and try to replace it with a copy, I'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment