Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

from the Final Girl Mailbag!

I enjoy getting emails from strangers, even though I usually forget to respond until 8 months have passed. Much like the comments here on the blog, it's rare that I receive any douchey messages or hate mail. Yesterday I got an email that's not nice or douchey...but it's pretty damn random. Here's the message in its entirety:
I came across your blog when I googled 'jess franco' + 'fucking sucks'. I think his fans should really, really be ashamed of themselves, and keep their dvd collection a deep dark secret.
What sayest thou, dear readers? Agree? Disagree? Are you a Jess Franco fan? Are you ashamed of it?

For those of you unfamiliar with Mr. Franco's oeuvre, he's the writer/director behind such films as Vampyros Lesbos, Swedish Nympho Slaves, Lust for Frankenstein, and Lillian, the Perverted Virgin. He's made close to 200 films. Are they/is he reprehensible, or are they simply exploitation flicks? You decide!



No comments:

Post a Comment